At Abigail Walker Lingerie we promise to fit you with the best size and style bra which fits and flatters your shape. Take a look through our sizing guide to help you find your perfect fit. Knowing your size makes it so much easier to find the best bra for you. All you need is a mirror and a measuring tape.
How do I measure myself?
A lot of the support you get from your bra actually comes from the underband, so it’s important to make sure you have the right fit. As the sizing increases the underband gets thicker to add to the support.
Here’s how to measure your underband:
1. Stand in front of the mirror, wearing no bra. Face the mirror side-on. Use the tape to measure around your ribcage, directly under your bust (along the bottom of where the band would sit).
2. Keep the tape snug against your body, and level all the way around. Make sure the centimetre side of your measuring tape is facing outwards, so it’s easy to read.
3. Get the measurement from the tape, in centimetres. Then use an underband chart to find your underband size.
How do I measure my cup?
You can use your underband measurement to determine your cup size as well.
1. Take one of your current bras and look at the underband size marked on the label.
2. If the new measurement you just got is smaller than the current underband size, you’ll probably have to go up a cup size to get the right fit.
3. If your new measurement is bigger than your current underband size, you’ll likely need to go down a cup size.
4. If your new measurement is the same as your current underband size, but your cups aren’t fitting right, you’ll need to go up or down one cup size, depending on the fit.
What do we suggest?
For bigger bust sizes or bra sizes with a bigger or smaller band in proportion to the cup we suggest custom sizing.
Our custom sizing option is no extra cost. All that is required is that you choose the ‘Custom Size’ option on the product and then fill in our contact form and let us know your bra and brief size.